Friday, October 12, 2012

Interlude IV: Paris Is a Great Place to Live for a Movie Lover if You Feel Completely at Ease Reading French Subtitles Throughout an Entire Movie

      Love and Other Drugs is an amazingly shallow catalogue of people with low self-esteem and the inability to see beyond their own pain. I watched it for Anne Hathaway, because of The Dark Knight Rises. This was a mistake. I like movies that have really unlikable characters to begin with, but they have to come around. And they do not. Do not watch this movie out of curiosity. My humble opinion.
      Beyond this, I'd like to plug Awake, which did get canceled, but its ending is fantastic. If Lost had ended that well, I would not have been disappointed. Actually, I wish Lost had ended nearly exactly like that.
      If you have never seen Regular Show, I would start with 4.1. It is really interesting and manages to insert a new character into a comedy type show without making him uninteresting.
      Comedy Bang! Bang! is totally worth watching, but the comedy is the strangest thing I've ever seen. I just finished the season finale, where they play with the idea that the whole show is done on green screen. They show that they have Jon Heder playing Weird Al Yankovic, who comments that he may actually be a bigger celebrity, but is convinced to put a green mask so that he will be back to being Weird Al on the green screen. I really regret trying to explain this show, but I will leave it. If it sounds silly, then you get it.
      I already watched She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, directed by John Ford, starring John Wayne. I will try to get a review on soon and I'm watching more.

No comments:

Post a Comment