Thursday, July 12, 2012

Interlude

         As a short interlude, in case anyone wondered, I have been watching films since my last review, but have not found any others worth 5 stars since.
         G. I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was too cornily written. I could get behind some of the ideas and the cast was all-star, but there was nearly nothing for them to act.
         The Iron Lady was headed by Meryl Streep and Jim Broadbent, who both perform hard parts with perfect ease and simplicity, but the film has no direction or message. It meanders heavily out of sequence through her life and never goes anywhere.
         Glorious 39 is the biggest disappointment for me, as I really had high hopes. It succeeds on being my least favorite type of film, the great film with a disappointing ending. It really reels you in with a great setup, but it never manages to land on its feet as it simply grows weirder, until it falls apart. It really is too bad.

         The last film I saw, before the one I'm reviewing now, was Die Hard 2. If you've been following here, I rated Live Free or Die Hard with a 28 and I mentioned liking Die Hard quite a lot, but the sequel lacked the brilliant supporting cast and the message the others had. Another shame in terms of a series not being consistent.
         I am working on a review of an old favorite, Sin City, that should be up tonight. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment